One of the most overlooked tasks involved in oral health care often involves the care we give to our oral health equipment. Not only must a toothbrush be well taken care of, it must also be kept sanitary as it can introduce new bacteria to your mouth if you are not careful.
Take care of your toothbrush! Here are some helpful hints to get you started:
– If you share a living space with other people, to avoid contamination, always keep toothbrushes apart and never share with each other.
– Replace your toothbrush every few months or as often as necessary.
– Always keep your toothbrushes out of closed spaces, as they can harbor mold and other forms of bacteria.
– Make sure that your toothbrush is the proper size, fits easily in your mouth, has soft bristles to avoid damaging your gums or stripping away your tooth enamel, and is capable of reaching and cleaning all spaces in your mouth.
– After using your toothbrush, sanitize it and store it in a safe location.
For additional help with your progress, schedule oral exams and bi-annual professional cleanings at the dentist office of Armstrong Dental in Blackfoot, Idaho. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Damon T. Armstrong, please call our office at 208-785-3310. Keep your toothbrush healthy and clean so it can keep your teeth healthy and clean in return.