If a tooth needs its shape, size, and strength restored, a dental crown may be needed. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped dental restoration that will cover the entire visible portion of a tooth. Dr. Damon T. Armstrong may recommend a dental crown in Blackfoot, Idaho, to:
– Restore a tooth that has had a large dental filling or multiple dental fillings placed
– Protect a weak tooth that is in danger of breaking
– Support and protect a broken or cracked tooth
– Restore a tooth with a dental implant
– Anchor a dental bridge
– Cover and improve the appearance of a misshapen or badly stained tooth
– Protect and restore a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
When you come in to have a dental crown placed, our doctor will first shape the tooth to allow room for the dental crown in your mouth. Then impressions will be taken of the tooth and the surrounding teeth so that your crown can be custom made. Once your crown is ready, our doctor will examine and tweak the fit and color before cementing it into place.
Dental crowns can last for many years, or even a lifetime, if they are well cared for. However, keep in mind that this is not always the case. They can become loose or even fall out. To help your dental crown last for a long time, practice good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice every day and floss once daily. Also, come to Armstrong Dental at least twice a year for your professional dental cleanings and exams.
We encourage you to contact our office at 208-785-3310 today to learn more and to set up a visit.