Did you know that more than 50 million Americans live with halitosis (bad breath)? Luckily, the solution to bad breath involves doing the things you need to do to keep your teeth healthy. Here are some tips:
- Remove bacteria from your tongue with a tongue scraper. Have you ever used a tongue scraper? These inexpensive tools remove odor-causing build-up from your tongue. Although we recommend tongue scrapers, brushing your tongue with your toothbrush can have the same effect.
- Rinse out the odor-causing bacteria with mouthwash. Mouthwashes can destroy bacteria and mask your breath temporarily. But because this is just a quick fix, you’ll have to clean your mouth sooner or later if you want to address the root cause of the problem.
- Make sure your brush your teeth at least twice daily. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends brushing your teeth at least twice daily. If you have bad breath, brushing will help improve your breath by dislodging odor-causing food particles and plaque.
- Remember to floss at least once every day. Alongside the recommendation to brush twice daily, the ADA recommends flossing between your teeth at least daily. Flossing will remove hard-to-reach debris that can cause plaque and bacteria build-up, which in turn create odors in the mouth.
- Visit our office for checkups regularly. We are excited to help you live life without chronic bad breath. Our dentist, Dr. Damon T. Armstrong, is an expert at treating halitosis. Experiencing bad breath in Blackfoot, Idaho? he can help you. Call us at 208-785-3310 now to schedule an appointment with our team at Armstrong Dental.