When a patient needs the shape, size, strength, and appearance of a tooth improved or restored, Dr. Damon T. Armstrong may recommend a dental crown in Blackfoot, Idaho. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over a tooth, where it will encase the whole visible part of the tooth. Our dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Restore a broken or worn down tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cover a misshapen or badly discolored tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a tooth
To place a dental crown, our dentist will first prepare the tooth by removing a small amount of tooth enamel. This will allow room for the dental crown in your smile. Our dentist will then make impressions of the tooth and those surrounding it so that a dental crown can be custom made. Once your dental crown is complete, our dentist will check the fit and make any adjustments as needed. Then, the dental crown is permanently cemented into place.
Feel free to contact Armstrong Dental today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment.